I can tell you that these facts are something to consider before taking prescription medicines:
10 Interesting Medications Facts:
1. The osteoporosis medication Fosamax (and others like it) were designed to trick a bone density scan, by keeping the dead bone in the bone matrix. Dead bone is supposed to float away in the blood but Fosamax forces the dead bone to stay. This weakens the bones until the bone often disintegrates into dust, most often happening in the hip or jaw. The lawsuits against Fosamax and other drugs like it are massive.
2. Pain medications can increase heart attack risk because pain killers shut off nerve communication in the body (so you can't feel the pain) but unfortunately the heart and brain also need nerve communication to operate. Pain killers can stop this communication, causing an increased incidents of heart attacks.
3. Birth control pills were first tried on both men and women. In the male group, the scrotum and gonads both shrunk in test subjects, so the idea was canceled. Some in the female group died, so the dose was readjusted. Only males were in charge of this experiment. :(
4. Statin drugs stop the liver from producing cholesterol and cholesterol is used in the body to make other compounds, one of which is co-enzyme Q-10. CoQ10 is needed to contract muscles. Some fatal accidents have occurred when people driving cars (and taking statin drugs) have been believed caused because the drivers were no longer able to contract their leg muscles to work the brake or gas pedals and drove off the road, killing themselves or others.
5. Beta blockers (given for high blood pressure) are designed to make sure the heart doesn't beat too fast. People on these medications should not exercise vigorously because a higher heart rate is needed to oxygenate working muscles and remove waste from energy production. With the heart being blocked from beating fast when exercising (by the beta blocker), a host of emergency situations can occur.
6. A leading side effect of antidepressants is increased depression and suicidal thoughts. 50% of people prescribed antidepressants stop taking them within 3 months, simply because they're too toxic and the side effects too severe.
7. The average weight gain with antidepressants is 40lbs in a year. Weight gain above 100lbs has been recorded in patients taking antidepressants, over a 12 month period. When the body is toxic, it increases hormones that increase fat gain and water retention, in order to dilute toxic concentrations. Anything that makes you gain weight, means your body is being poisoned. The greater the weight gain, the more powerful the poison.
8. Heartburn medications for GERD (acid reflux) block the stomach's production of hydrochloric acid, which in turn doesn't allow food to digest properly. This leads to fatigue and a general energy crisis in the body, which leads to more disease because the body can't effectively extract the energy and nutrition from food without the proper concentrations of stomach acid.
9. Over the counter antacids, like Rolaids and Tums, contain dangerously high levels of aluminum which have been proven to cause toxic effects, many of which are in the brain and neurological system. Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, MD, MS. ALS...all related.
10. Antibiotics destroy the intestinal gut flora in the body, which is proven to actually organize and run the body's immune system. Biotic means "life" in Latin so an antibiotic is anti-life, killing many beneficial things in the body as well. When antibiotics destroy the beneficial gut bacteria, as well as other overgrown negative gut flora, this often leads to long-term dysfunction in immunity. This is why most people taking antibiotics, continue with recurring infections at regular intervals through the year.
Researched and written by: